Remember These 3 Elements While Writing About Us Section for Digital Marketing Proposal
With the increasing popularity of digital marketing agencies, distinguishing yourself from the competition has become harder than ever before. But if you want to attract new customers, then standing out as a unique agency is extremely important. And the only section that can help you with that is- the about us section of your digital marketing proposal.
The about us section is probably one of the most crucial contents of the proposal. Apart from pricing, your agency’s first impression has a lot to do with the purchasing decision- that they glean from the about us section.
This section gives you an opportunity to tell your story to explain to the potential clients why they should choose your agency over your competitors. Here are a few key elements to remember while writing the “About Us” section for the digital marketing proposal.
1. Consider Adding a Benefit-Driven Headline
It’s important to have a great introductory headline to your about us section that encapsulates what you do, why you’re different, and why prospects should keep reading.
Headlines like “we are best in this” or “best in that” are a big no!!! Because everyone’s already tired of reading such headlines. So, without a self-serving mix of me me me or us us us, how can you still claim that you are the best? Or what makes you the best?
Here are a few good examples,
- XYZ is a digital marketing agency that helps mid to large sizes companies all around the globe grow their business online with our digital marketing services.
- XYZ is an agency where people are obsessed with performance to amplify your brand’s reach.
- XYZ is a digital marketing agency that takes care of anything and everything when it comes to building a brand.
2. Tell them How you Started
Like I said earlier, the “about us” section is the only place where you get a chance to differentiate your digital marketing agency and your services from every other similar agency in the world. This is where you can tell your story. Stories build a sense of personal connection, humanizes the brand, and most importantly provides context and meaning to your business.
Get more personal while sharing your story, because that’s the only way to build a quick connection with your prospect. Let’s say, for example, you want to lose some weight, you decide to hire a trainer for that and you get two recommendations from your cousin.
- One is a long time marathon runner and obsessed with running.
- Second is the one that talks about her struggles with laziness and how she overcame them with a straight-forward gaol and managed to lose about 100 pounds.
Well, these are just the stories without revealing any skills but you already know which one you felt more connected to.
This is how you can connect immediately by being personal and honest with your story.
To help you write this part, use the below guidelines,
- Why do you want to help?
- Have you experienced this problem before?
- What or who inspired you to get started with this agency?
3. Outline Your Mission Statement
If you don’t have any mission statement for your agency, then it’s time to write one that talks about your agency’s values, ethics, and vision.
You need to let your prospect know what you offer and how you plan to grow as a business. Your prospect would want to know that you’re in the business more than just profit. So you have to tell them why you are providing particular services, and what do you hope to accomplish beyond making money.
Pixar’s mission statement encourages you to believe that they will entertain us with many more heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
Pixar Animation Studios is an Academy Award ®-winning computer animation studio with the technical, creative and production capabilities to create a new generation of animated feature films, merchandise, and other related products. Pixar’s objective is to combine proprietary technology and world-class creative talent to develop computer-animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
Just like that here’s how you can craft a mission statement for your agency,
“Over 300 clients have trusted us and they have been able to produce some positive results with our digital marketing services so we want as many people as possible to get the same results.”
That’s about it!!!
To summarize here are the key elements you must include in the about us section of your digital marketing proposal,
- Benefit driven headline
- A quick and catchy version of how you started
- A solid and strong mission statement
- Credibility enhancers
- Visual elements
A convincing about us section for digital marketing proposal is absolutely essential for closing the deal. I hope this post has helped you understand the important elements needed to write an about us section.
Also, don’t forget to checkout a critical review of digital marketing proposal’s about us section
To read more about this topic, have a look at these:
- How to Write a Cover Letter for Digital Marketing Proposal?
- A Critical Review of Digital Marketing Proposal’s Cover Letter
- How to Write a Team Section for Digital Marketing Proposal?
- A Critical Review of Digital Marketing Proposal’s Team Section
- How to Write Scope of Services Section for Digital Marketing Proposal?
- A Critical Review of Digital Marketing Proposal’s Scope of Services Section
- How to Write an Investment Fees Table for Digital Marketing Proposal?
- A Critical Review of Digital Marketing Proposal’s Investment Fees Table
- How to Write a Case Study for Digital Marketing Proposal?
- A Critical Review of Digital Marketing Proposal’s Case Study