Are There Amazing Business Blogs to Follow?
What are the books top leaders regularly read or refer to? What are the websites, magazines, journals they often refer to? What are their hacks to productivity, managing team, navigating complexity, handling conflicts and yet have astute focus on delivering results? Does reading such things, will get me things which I desire for our business or individually?
These are some of the questions most business owners, managers have or should have; as they struggle to generate more leads, sending sales proposals, recruiting & coaching employees, managing business accounting, etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong about such stealing good habits, practices from others, especially who have made their mark in business, government, society at large.
In this blog I have compiled the list of blogs, articles; I have found pretty useful and I keep referring these from time to time. This is a great resources for small and business enterprises to know how to go about following topics, challenges faced by others, how they overcome those challenges, inspiration stories, learning from others’ failures, small mistakes to avoid, etc.
- Business Growth
- Digital Marketing
- Business and Personal Branding
- Management and Leadership
- Psychology for Sales Marketing
- Productivity at Work
- Business News
- Business Financial Management
- Startup News
And one more bonus point, as you scroll down the list.
Any business is always scouting for business growth. It is not necessary to fail by yourself to learn from your mistakes. There are ample resources to learn from
It advocates about how to go maximising with less resources available for small businesses. As name suggests, they have been publishing less these days but short article, easy to read and valuable lessons or tips. It is great for entrepreneurs.
- People that can “find the time”
- Reducing customer churn within account deletion
- Business Owners Dealing with Distractions and Analysis Paralysis
Small Business Trends (SBT) has lots of listicles, resources to help entrepreneurs, small business owners and SMB ecosystem enthusiastic. It regularly publishes helpful information, news, issues regarding small & medium businesses.
- How to Turn Your Website into a Lead Magnet
- 10 Tips for Improving Your Results as a Small Business Owner
As someone said, Amex is Linkedin for thought leaders and Facebook for founders. It offers meaningful exchange platform among entrepreneurs, innovators, investors as showcases Insights and inspiration to grow business with examples, case studies, templates, financial challenges, funding options, etc.
- Amex Open Forum has kind of turned out to be a gold standard for content marketing and is pretty inspiring for entrepreneurs, SMB business owners to start generating good content and marketing it
- Though provoking articles from thought leaders and experts
- It allows SMEs to connect with business honchos and interact with them online
- 7 Excellent Ways to Attract New Customers
- Importance of Flexibility in Business
- Discussion: Is the Customer Always Right?
- 4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Scaling Your Freelance Business
Sean Ellis was the first one to coin the term ‘Growth Hacking’. GrowthHackers was started by Sean with the objective to help startups, mid-stage companies push into sustainable growth trajectory using growth-hacking methods (which involves cross-functional, value-based approach). There are examples such as Facebook, Twitter, Airbnb, etc have been able to grow and scale. It offers jumpstart program, allows companies to connect with thought leaders, learn and apply key growth skills.
- This is the Best Growth Hack of 2018
- How to bring a product to market
- The Definitive Guide To Paid Promoted Content: Facebook Edition
MarkGrowth boasts to be the largest publication for business growth and marketing articles. It offers expert advice on marketing plans, customer acquisition etc. MarkGrowth has been acquired by Getgist but its’ resources are available on Medium for SMBs to learn and inspire.
- How I Grew My E-Mail List to 600+ Subscribers without Spending a Cent
- Cold Calling Techniques That Really Work
- How to Get Media Attention to Your Business in 2019?
AllBusiness.com useful GoTo resources for small businesses and especially for businesses with less than 500 staff members. It also conducts regular surveys and research to assess the health, trends of the SMB sector. It offers directory listing, business forms/templates, bits of advice, news, research for business professionals and owners.
- The Complete 35-Step Guide for Entrepreneurs Starting a Business
- 10 Expert Social Media Tips to Help Your Small Business Succeed
- 5 Steps to Building a Million-Dollar Business With No Employees
If you have best mouse trap in the world, people will find you even in dense forest.
Gone are those days. You got to be marketing about your skills, strengths, resources. And today it is about digital marketing. If you are not marketing your company, product or services digitally, you are missing a huge huge opportunity. Social media mammoths Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Reddit, Instagram, AirBnB have changed the business landscape. It wouldn’t be entirely wrong to say “today if your business doesn’t have online presence, then it doesn’t exist”.
With that, it is all the more important to learn how to go about digital marketing and who else/apart than following resource can guide you better.
Though Hubspot has started as a inbound marketing software platform, it started doing almost everything right about digital content marketing. It has more than 5 million visitors per month. It is hugely followed and extensively used by digital marketing agencies, branding and marketing agencies and many businesses across industries. You should visit Hubspot blog about best practices of creating, managing, publishing content, generating leads, nurturing prospects through the conversion journey. It has extensive knowledge base, articles about all these topics. Hence all these makes Hubspot one of the business blogs to follow.
- The Ultimate Guide to Marketing Trends in 2019
- What Is Inbound Marketing?
- 5 Creative Strategies to Stay Inspired to Write All Year
- How to Write a Blog Post: A Step-by-Step Guide
Neil Patel is a very popular name in online/digital marketing space. He is co-founder of multiple companies such as Crazy Egg, Hello Bar, KISSmatrics, Neil Patel Digital, etc. He writes about digital marketing, SEO, product marketing, lead generation hacks, and many more topics followed by today’s entrepreneurs. His ability to write in simple language resonates with the audience and allow him to connect with them through regular blog comments and responses.
- How to create amazing articles even when you suck at writing
- 34 Marketing Principles I Live By – Neil Patel
- Digital Marketing Made Simple – Step by Step Guide
- The beginner guide to online marketing
Copyblogger believes in one thing as stated on its website “Fads and platforms come and go, but one fact endures: Copywriting is the mechanism that allows businesses to make money”. As you can guess, it solely focuses on content copywriting. It is a famous blog, podcast and certified content marketer program. One can learn about how to write killer content, According to Venturebeat, “Copyblogger is the bible of content marketing.” That marks Copyblogger as the best content marketing related business blogs to follow.
- Quit Annoying Your Audience! Take 3 Simple Steps to Focus Your Content
- How to Write Conversationally: 7 Tips to Engage and Delight Your Audience
- 5 Writing Techniques that Stir Your Audience to Action
- 21 Productivity Hacks from 21 Prolific Writers
Do you know what IMPACTBND does? The way we look at ImpactBND, it eats its own dog food. ImpactBND is a digital marketing agency who talks everything about experiences, recommendation about lead generation, SEO, social media marketing and much more. It offers to the point and honest inbound marketing advice, agency services, & real-world data to help companies grow.
- The Complete Guide for Marketers for Google Adwords in 2018
- Set up a Killer Office Video Studio on a Beginner Budget. Here’s What I Would Buy
- 6 Social Media Marketing Failures & What You Can Learn from Them
Branding – Personal & Business Blogs to Follow
MarketingProfs offers marketing training program, online courses, field events and free resources on topics mainly about content marketing and email campaigning to plan and execute marketing campaigns at businesses to drive results.
- Three Proven Strategies for Engaging Millennial and Gen Z Customers.
- The How and Why of Experiential Marketing: 7 Tips to Do It Right.
- 10 Examples of the Best Brand-Community Landing Pages.
Heinz Marketing is a B2B marketing and sales acceleration firm that delivers measurable revenue results.
Duct Tape Marketing is an idea that started with the belief that marketing is a system and in order to operate that system there must be a very clear point of view about how to build a remarkable business. Duct Tape Marketing Provides Simple, Effective, Affordable Small Business Marketing Services.
- What Does the Future of Paid Search Look Like?
- Why A Solid Landing Page is Key to Effective PPC.
- Blending Paid Social with Organic Social.
Einstein Marketer is a leading digital marketing agency based in the UK, dedicated to sharing wisdom and creating bespoke data-driven campaigns.
- How to Optimise Website Load Speed to Less Than 2 Seconds.
- The Ultimate Guide to Social Networks for Business: Which Networks Should You Focus On?
- 7 Social Media Tools Designed To Make Your Life Easier.
Management and Leadership
HBR is one of the best leadership and business blog to follow. It’s a must-read for any entrepreneur and very useful especially to create next level of leadership.
- How Humble Leadership Really Works
- Making Joy a Priority at Work
- Why Criticism Is Good for Creativity
McKinsey is highly reputed business consulting firm which boasts about its highly talented staff members (usually hired from elite academic institutions). McKinsey Quarterly is one of the finest business publications followed by business leaders since it is authored by senior executives who talks about industry trends, management challenges, learnings, way forward, etc. It is useful because of the insights one can get, trends one can assimilate, access senior management thought-process, etc.
- ‘True Gen’: Generation Z and its implications for companies
- Want a better decision? Plan a better meeting
- How leaders kill meaning at work
Based on its nearly three decades of experience, Duarte offers extensive resources such as the art and science of communicating ideas, presentation techniques and help you become a better communicator.
- A Presentation Isn’t Always the Right Way to Communicate
- 7 Ways to Make Your Best PowerPoint Presentations
- Power of the Pre-Read: Make Mighty Recommendations Through Story
Lolly Daskal (https://www.lollydaskal.com/)
Brain Blogger is an award-winning health and science blog and brain-themed community. They review the most impactful news and research related to neuroscience/neurology, psychology/psychiatry, and health/healthcare.
As it declares on its website “Psychology Today is devoted exclusively to everybody’s favourite subject: Ourselves.” It truly is about ourself – understanding how we think, how we react, how we respond, why we react and what are the changes happening to of human psyche.
The Situationist is a forum for scholars, students, lawyers, policymakers, and interested citizens to examine, discuss, and debate the effect of situational forces. It provides great insight of human psychology in different “situations” and gives counseling for effective decision making.
Neuromarketing is a blog maintained by Roger Dooley (a financial consultant by profession). It’s a perceptive blog that gives keen thoughts related to neurosciences’ practicality in the business world.
Neuroscience and psychology news and views.
PsyBlog covers mostly peer-reviewed science that provides insights into how the mind works, self-improvement, mental health, habit change, happiness, intelligence, learning, memory and much more.
- Why We Do Dumb or Irrational Things
- 11 Goal Hacks: How to Achieve Anything
- 10 Simple Postures That Boost Performance
This is a place where you can find answers to all the questions in your life – answers that will actually help you overcome any limitations that are keeping you from your goals.
- 10 Simple Strategies to Make Your Life Better Starting Today
- 11 Best Core Strengthening Exercises to Do At Home
Dumb Little Man is a popular online magazine on self-improvement and life hacks. Started back in 2006, Dumb Little Man has become the go-to place when you need inspiration, motivation and practical advice in life.
- Building A Startup: What Every Aspiring Entrepreneur Needs to Hear
- 6 Things to Do Before a Product Launch
- Ask Questions Before Approving a Marketing Campaign Plan
Zen Habits is about finding simplicity and mindfulness in the daily chaos of our lives. It’s about clearing the clutter so we can focus on what’s important, create something amazing, find happiness. It has over a million readers.
Unclutterer is the website for people to get organised at home as well as at office. As it says on its website “A place for everything, and everything in its place is our gospel“
Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus help over 20 million people live meaningful lives with less through their website, books, podcast, and documentary. The Minimalists have been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, Forbes, TIME, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, BBC, and NPR.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business media brand, with an editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world-changing ideas, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
- This AI-powered chatbot connects homeless people with help
- TED Talk curators on the 4 most crucial ways to become a better public speaker
Entrepreneur is an American magazine and website that carries news stories about entrepreneurship, small business management, and business.
- 4 Steps to Building a Board of Directors That Lessens Your Stress
- Can You Build a Million-Dollar Business Starting With Just $100 on Fiverr?
The Wall Street Journal is a U.S based business-focused international daily newspaper. It’s one of the best newspapers
Reuters brings you the latest news from around the world, covering breaking news in markets, business, politics, entertainment and technology.
- You need hard facts to change newsrooms
- Deutsche Telecom sets meeting as T-Mobile, Sprint deal nears approval: report
Business Financial Management
The Small Business Bonfire is a social, educational and collaborative community for entrepreneurs that provides actionable tips and tools through a small business blog, a weekly newsletter and a free online community.
- 7 Essential Tips for Managing Your Small Business Finances
- How to Take Your Small Business Finances from Spreadsheet to Accounting Software
Mark Cuban is an American businessman and investor .He guides about various business aspects through this blog .
This is blog dedicated to solve problems about small business.
It talks about managing personal finances and making smart financial decisions .
- 8 simple ways to save money
- 6 simple steps to jump-start your emergency fund
- Building your credit with a secured credit card
This site is for and about software startups.
- 7 Reasons Why You Need To Work For A Big Company
- Startup 101 : Should You Form An Inc. or LLC?
- 12 Unconventional Interview Questions Entrepreneurs Should Ask
Indie Hackers is a place where the founders of profitable businesses and side projects can share their stories transparently, and where entrepreneurs can come to read and learn from those examples. It’s also a community where individual “indie hackers” come together to share their experiences, give and receive feedback, and rely on each other for support.
- How to Convert a Free User to a Premium User
- How to Find an Effective Pricing Strategy
- How to Find Your Earliest Users
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for its dedicated and influential audience around the globe.
- Instagram policy change means it can delete rule-breaking accounts faster
- Business travel survival guide: How and why this entrepreneur refuses to settle
Founded in 2006, VentureBeat is the leading source for news and events that provide deep context to help developers, enthusiasts, and business leaders make smart decisions.
- Why do 87% of data science projects never make it into production?
- Google increases rewards for hacking Chrome, Chrome OS, and Google Play
TechCrunch is dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing gadgets and internet products, and breaking tech news.
- Facebook tries to make ad targeting explanations more useful
- Facebook may finally let you turn off those annoying notification dots
Financial Samurai helps you reach financial independence sooner rather than later. All articles and podcasts are produced with first hand experience because money is too important to be left up to pontification.
- How Much Should People Have Saved In Their 401Ks At Different Ages
- Ranking The Best Passive Income Investments
- Which Is A Better Investment: Real Estate Or Stocks?
From credit, to taxes, to retirement, to insurance – Money Girl makes money simple so you rule your finances, make smart investment decisions, and have a richer life.
- The Ultimate Guide to Using a Balance Transfer Credit Card
- How to Manage Health Benefits When You Leave a Job
- How to Choose the Best Investments – 6 Dos and Don’ts to Follow
Money Under 30 is an independent personal finance site providing free advice for young adults wanting to make informed decisions about where their money goes.
- How I Save For Short-Term Goals
- How Much Should You Save Every Month?
- Is It Cheaper To Build Your Own Home Than Buy One?