Electronic Signature Features
What is an electronic signature?
We are all familiar with the traditional signature, which is a handwritten depiction of a person’s name, surname, or title. Its legal purpose is to authenticate a person’s identification. And it serves as proof of permission, contractual status in the document.
An electronic signature does the same thing. It is an electronic representation of a person’s intent to accept the content of the document.
An electronic signature just like a handwritten signature is a legally recognized method stating a person’s intent to abide by the terms of the document they have signed.
In simple words, an electronic signature is a term for any document or contract that is signed electronically without the use of paper, it’s a replacement for a handwritten signature.
The standard procedure for signing such documents electronically is by applying the signer’s name either typed or hand-drawn with the use of a mouse or touch screen.
Why you should adopt an electronic signature to close deals faster?
Electronic signatures simplify daily life and provide a modern method of validating the signator’s identity.
Electronic signatures not only open the way for the paperless solution but also make the process more productive, by saving your time and money.
Here are 4 important reasons why considering an electronic signature is a good idea for your business:
- Fast turnaround- Business can be handled quickly when documents no longer need to be scanned, printed, and send as paper mail.
- Cost-saving-Managing, archiving, and processing paper documents is a significant annual expenditure. You no longer need to use paper or ink to sign the documents when you use electronic signatures to sign your documents.
- Storage-friendly- All signed digital papers that have been signed can be stored on your electronic devices. It is simple to track and locate while you need it.
- Enhance security- An online signature generator is
Electronic Signature Features
An electronic signature, or e-signature, is a legally binding way to sign a document electronically. It can be used for everything from contracts to tax returns.
E signatures are created by typing your name in a text box or using a digital pen to sign on a touchscreen. They are considered just as legally binding as handwritten signatures. In order for an e signature to be valid, it must meet several criteria.
First, the signature must be unique to the individual signing it. This can be done by using a unique identifier, like a password, or a biometric identifier, like a fingerprint. Second, the signature must be linked to the document being signed. This can be done by including a cryptographic hash of the document in the signature. Third, the signature must be time-stamped.
There are several other features that make an e-signature valid.
- You can sign any type of document.
- The signature is legally binding in most cases.
- It is easy to use and can be completed quickly.
- You can sign any document online on your laptop, mobile, or tablet.
- You can send signature documents to multiple clients and let hundreds of copies be signed and processed together in a coordinated way.
- They’re more secure than handwritten signatures.
In conclusion, electronic signatures are a secure and efficient way to sign documents. They offer many benefits over traditional handwritten signatures, including speed, convenience, and security. With the increasing popularity of electronic signatures, more and more businesses are using them to streamline their operations. If you’re looking for a fast, secure way to sign documents, electronic signatures are the way to go.