Choose the Right Project Proposal Template That Just Works
Customizing your project proposal is a convenient way to show your prospect that you understand them. The more you tailor your proposal, the more it will be effective and convincing.
That’s why it is advisable to use the RIGHT template to create a sales document. The right project proposal template will not only help you hit the right targets it will also help you save a lot of time and most importantly it will ensure consistency.
The proposal templates come with their own set of advantages. In this article, we are going to look at all the things that you need to tick off before you create or select a project proposal template and enjoy its benefits.
Here’s a project proposal checklist for all project managers before selecting the right project proposal template.
Let’s go, explore!!!
Is the design dynamic and memorable?
You may have the best content but if you fail to present it well, you won’t be able to catch your potential client’s attention. Keep one thing in mind that you have to make your project proposal dynamic and memorable.
A well-designed project proposal will not only sell your business but also help you win more deals. Sure, the project proposal template must follow a document-type design format but that doesn’t mean you can not dress up your proposals.
Important elements in proposal design
- The layout of your proposal should represent a relationship between various ideas. Through headings, reflect a hierarchical relationship between your ideas – like from major ideas to minor ones.
- Make sure your project proposal does not have those funky or non-standard fonts. What if your client won’t be able to read the proposal because he doesn’t have that font?
- It is often neglected but it’s still an important part of the design. An ideal project proposal template always comes with a table of content.
- As per the saying ” show, don’t tell”. To enhance your text incorporate visuals like charts, graphs, infographics, screenshots, photos in your project proposal.
Is the tone professional?
Business proposals must have the right tone to ensure it is effective. If the tone makes the content unclear, confusing or even worst – offensive, the reader will not be able to soak up or react properly to the proposal.
The overall tone in a written document affects the reader just as the same way the tone of voice affects in face to face conversation.
The factors that help the project proposal template achieve the right tone,
- Confidence: Companies closes deals with people who are confident about their business. Make sure the template reflects that confidence.
- Sincerity: Sincerity can be proven by the evidence of past success. Numbers play a major role in maintaining the tone of sincerity.
- Positivity: Positive tone is more appealing. Make sure your template has a phrases used in a positive manner.
Does it follow the general proposal structure?
Creating a project proposal template is challenging and is exactly similar to building a house. The way structure of the house varies according to the location, architecture, owner’s requirements, the same way project proposals vary based on the industry type, company size, and many other factors.
There are some important factors that are always essential in creating a winning project proposal.
- Cover page
- Cover letter
- About your company:
- Problem awareness
- Statement of work
- Pricing and the process
- Case study
- Legal terms
Does it have a fresh look and feel?
You can’t just pull up the real estate proposal template and use the same for a project management deal. The look and feel of the business proposal template differ depending on the type of industry. Not all the templates follow the standardized structure, wedding planning is very different from construction, web design is different from cleaning services
The first thing your client is going to see is the cover image, and what if the cover image itself is misleading? He won’t even spend time looking at the rest of the proposal. It doesn’t matter how interactive your sales proposal is because no one will review it if you go wrong with the template selection.
Read more on common project proposal writing mistakes you must avoid.
Now, get started with your work.