Timeline Section for SEO Proposal – Critical Elements to Include
A common concern in the business of search engine optimization is to present a timeline for SEO results. After all, the SEO result varies from website to website because no two websites are exactly alike. And it is even more difficult to determine the SEO results for those websites that have technical issues with troubleshooting.
Whatever the struggle, but every SEO proposal and I mean every SEO proposal requires a realistic timeline that responds to the most crucial question- “How long does it take to get the results?“
As an SEO agency, you know that SEO doesn’t show results overnight but your prospects don’t. This is why you need to include a timeline to let them know when they can expect to see results.
Generally, websites can see the results in 4 to 6 months of optimization. Today in this article, we’ll discuss how you can break down the timeline section of your SEO proposal to set the ultimate realistic SEO timeline.
A Month by Month Timeline Section for SEO Proposal
Audit, Initial Planning Stage (0-2 Months)
The first two months of your SEO campaign will be all about thorough research. There are many factors that you should consider while doing this research such as analysis of keyword volume and competitiveness, assessment of current content, investigation on the tactics that work for your prospect vs those which do not, and many more.
This comprehensive research will help you determine the level of complexity and depending on the complexity of the project you can then create a more realistic timeline for your prospect.
In the first few months of initial planning there won’t be any measurable improvements in the SEO results and so make sure to highlight that in the timeline.
SEO Implementation (2+ Months)
This stage is about the implementation of your SEO strategy which you’ve finalized from initial research and audit.
Here are a few key things you must include while presenting the timeline of implementation stage (also don’t forget to mention the time you’ll require for each task),
- The technical SEO fixes
- Content management
- Improvement of the current pages
- Execution of content creation (Be very careful while mentioning the time you’ll require for content creation because this time varies depending on the type of content you create, blogs require a few hours or days whereas eBooks or videos may take weeks).
- Fine-tuning of content building. Technical optimization (including website crawling and content indexing)
- Link acquisition efforts
- Establishment of a strong content distribution approach to help content reach new networks (from social media platforms to emails).
Depending on the size of your potential client’s company and the complexity of the project this phase could take a month or it could take several.
Related Article: How to Write a Winning SEO Proposal
Establishment of a Long-term SEO Strategy (6 Months and Beyond)
This stage is about sustaining ongoing SEO activities and updating them. Below are a few important elements that you should include to clarify what you are going to do after the 6 months of launching your SEO campaign,
- Content promotion
- Site speed testing
- Conversion rate optimization planning
- Content creation drafting
- Examination of the potential link building opportunities and content ideas.
- Optimization for any new keyword targets or audiences
At this point, let your prospect know that they will begin to see some moderate to significant improvements in their rankings, site traffic, amount of leads, calls, form submissions that are being generated..
Proposing SEO Project Schedule – Remember These
Now that we have a better understanding of what really goes into a realistic SEO timeline section, now let’s discuss a few tactics that’ll help you make this section even more effective.
1. Identify and Schedule Your Key Milestones
To determine how to write the timeline section for an SEO proposal, it’s crucial to identify your key milestones. After you identify and schedule the major milestones, you can then begin to factor in the smaller targets you need to hit.
2. Use the Right Format to Create this Section
Because the timeline section has many interrelated elements and complex schedules, it’s important to present it in a way that it is easy to read and follow. So put everything together in a way that it looks logical, accessible and adaptable.
3. Calculate the Time Required for each Task
You need to take advantage of your industry experience and calculate the approximate estimations for each of the tasks in your SEO campaign. To estimate time effectively, follow this process,
- Understand what’s required to be done
- Prioritize tasks
- Know who will do it, who you need to involve
- Use your estimates/experiences from the past
That’s about it!!!
An effective timeline section for SEO proposal is absolutely essential for closing the deal. I hope this post has helped you understand the factors needed to create a realistic SEO timeline.
Also, don’t forget to check out a critical review of SEO Proposal’s Timeline Section.
To read more about this topic, have a look at these:
- How to Write a Cover Letter for SEO Proposal?
- A Critical Review of SEO Proposal’s Cover Letter
- How to Craft an About Us Section for SEO Proposal?
- A Critical Review of SEO Proposal’s About Us Section
- How to Write a Team Section for SEO Proposal?
- A Critical Review of SEO Proposal’s Team Section
- How to Write Scope of Services Section for SEO Proposal?
- A Critical Review of SEO Proposal’s Scope of Services Section
- How to Write an Investment Section for SEO Proposal?
- A Critical Review of SEO Proposal’s Investment Section
- How to Write a Case Study Section for SEO Proposal?
- A Critical Review of SEO Proposal’s Case Study Section